Welcome to the LGHS Library!
MONDAY - THURSDAY
7AM - 3:30PM
Library Calendar (Click Me!)
Teachers: Please use the link above to check if the library is available and then e-mail Linda or Mariana to book it for you. Spaces available for class reservations during class periods are: the main library, the alcove,
the "open lab" (Bullpen + Nook) or the back window computers.
Students are responsible for the care and preservation of books checked out to them. Books are the property of the Los Gatos/Saratoga Union High School District and it is the student’s privilege to use them while being a student at Los Gatos High School.
- The use of library facilities and computers is open to all current LGHS students.
- During class periods students need to either be on the non-scheduled period list or have a pass from a teacher to be in the library.
- Students need to have their school IDs (or a valid photo ID) to check out books from the library.
- Textbooks can be checked for in library use only (school ID required).
- Fiction and Non-Fiction books are checked out for 3 school weeks (renewable).
- A maximum of 5 books per student can be checked out at the same time.
- A fine of $0.20 is assessed per book per school day with a maximum of $10.00 per book.
- No books can be checked out by a student who has overdue items or fines.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the cost of replacement of the book will be the fine due.
- Reference books with a pink card can be checked out overnight.
- DVDs, Reality Check issues can be checked out for 5 school days.
- Computer and technology use is a privilege, not a right - This is the number one rule on computer use!.
- Schoolwork is always top priority when using computers.
- No games or social media are allowed on library computers anytime.
- While using computers, students can print up to 10 pages per day at no cost. Each additional print is $0.10.
- A copy machine is available to students with a cost of $0.20 per page. Ask at the circulation desk for copies to be made.
Cell phones may be used for texting or research on the internet ONLY - no talking or playing games!
NO food or drinks (except for CLEAR water) are
allowed in the library!
Students who don't follow the above rules will be asked to leave.
Seniors will not be given their diploma until all library debts are paid.
(Report cards, transcripts and school privileges, such as Senior Ball/Prom bids may be withheld until all materials are returned or fines/fees have been paid for.)
- Enter and exit the library in a quiet, orderly fashion.
- Use a quiet, inside voice.
- Do not move tables or chairs.
- Leave tables clear of debris and push chairs in.
Take good care of your library!