Summer Reading List 2017
- English 9: Please read Breaking Throughby Francisco Jimenez
- English 9 Honors: Please read Breaking Through by Francisco Jimenez, and either The Chosen by Chaim Potok or A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. The other book not read over the summer will be required reading at the start of the fall semester.
- English 10: Please read Animal Farm by George Orwell.
- English 10 Honors: Please read Kindred by Octavia Butler and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Also please read either A Separate Peace by John Knowles or Lord of the Flies by William Golding. The other book not read over the summer will be required reading at the start of the fall semester.
- English 11: Please read either Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian or Alexie's The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven.
- English 11 AP: Please read Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey, and East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
- English 12: Please read The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- English 12 AP: Please read The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. Also please read three books by the same author.
Authors must be approved by AP English teacher, Paris DeSoto. firstname.lastname@example.org